Saturday, October 3, 2026

Girls night

 I did not take one picture and i wish i did.  I hope when/if i get old i can remember the night 4 of my closest girlfriends came over with their projects with a days notice.  Only two people weren't able to attend and they were missed.

It wasn't a big deal with a lot of back and forth on date and time and dealing with everyones schedules....it was a last minute text with "hey come over and hang out with me while we work on our projects" invite. Very happy that i have that many women in my life that i can consider close friends.  And all very different.  

Right before they were due to come over i turned on the robot vacumm cleaner to finish up so i could go take a shower.  As i finished cutting vegetables for the charcutterie board I smelled something.  Poop.  The puppy pooped on the floor and the robot had literally dragged it all over the living room.  So i cleaned it all up frantically and my home smelled like poop and bleach.

Lovely.

I ran around lighting every candle i own hoping it wouldn't make it WORSE, because it was hot and humid yesterday and i couldn't open the windows when i had just cooled the apartment down with the air conditioner.

No one knew.

Except when i told them.  Everyone insisted it smelled good and wouldn't have known.  ALSO as each woman arrived they walked around my apartment exclaiming how much it had changed, how ME it is, and how much bigger it seems......they oohed and ahhed about how i had done things....I was very flattered and because each one did it as they came in i know they weren't trying to hype me as a group.

We ate, drank, talked and laughed.......and it was low key and not complicated.  People came when they could and left when they had too.  No big deal.  Just happy to see you.  I'd like to do more of these nights.

However, the next thing i need to plan is a game night for everyone,  And that is going to be more of an event.  Probably in January after the holiday.

After they all left i facetimed with Tom for an hour and a half.  It was the first time we did that.  It was nice to see his face while we were talking.  I've never instigated that kind of call with a man because i'm wary of their intentions and usually correct.  But i just wanted to see his face.  No funny business was even suggested aside from him wanting to drve over immediately.  Today he is bringing me donuts since he brought it up and gave me a huge craving.  

Tonight is the reunion.  I'm wearing jeans and a nice black blouse, bringing my DIRT t-shirt to change into for the show after.  A big night for us "coming out".  He loves to go out with me and immediately holds my hand and takes care of my every want and need right down to putting me in the car.  It's nice to be treated well.  

He is not the type to let me walk all over him or rule him.  He is a traditional, old fashioned man who has never been on a dating site and has only had a smart phone for 2 years.  He banks in person, pays his bills by mailing checks and was fascinated by the concept of venmo.

He's not constantly online shopping for a better woman to fill his empty minutes.  He's not texting and emailing with other women.  I'm it.  

I like that he is attentive, but not possessive.  I like that he left me to hang out with my friends without having to fill the time with another womans attention because i wasn't available.  He thinks of me and hr TELLS me........not in a strange wimpy way.  He is all man.  Very self possessed and sure of himself.  NOT cocky, doesn't have the attitude that i should be lucky to have him........he feels lucky to be with me.

After 40 years.  BUT we happened fast on the tail end of a bad situation and i want to make sure we are both on board because of who we are, not a space to be filled.  Slow and easy.  Learn and watch.  and most of all...........ENJOY the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

Girls night

 I did not take one picture and i wish i did.  I hope when/if i get old i can remember the night 4 of my closest girlfriends came over with ...