Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Daily bread



My efforts to write daily have been pretty successful, I feel. 

Religion and politics are two topics I shy away from because I feel it's very personal and not up for judgment or debate with unknown personalities.  With friends, people I respect, yes. 

Do you ever feel like anything you put on the internet may come back in the future and be used against you?  I've always felt that I say what I feel and when/if that changes, I say what I feel.  I stand behind my thoughts and experiences.  But can you imagine if someone or "someones" felt that I shouldn't?  

It's not unheard of, after all.

Last night I sat at my dining room table and ate dinner.  I didn't sit in front of the TV, or stand at the counter (yes I do that)...I didn't sit at the butcher block in my kitchen.  I set the table, served myself, sat down and ate like a proper lady.

I need to do that more often.  I need to take in the surroundings that I have put together and am still working on perfecting for myself.  Nothing matches.  Most stuff is used, and some has been repurposed.  I use tapestries for curtains, empty frames as art, books as comfort and life.  Everything is functional before being aesthetically pleasing.  I don't think I have anything that doesn't serve a purpose.  

But I do have a dining room table.

I've been conscious lately of hanging up my work bag, putting my keys away and not dumping everything on the table when I arrive home.  I've been keeping it clear which makes my world feel more tidy, more in control.  But I don't usually use this table for anything else.  Unless I have visitors.  Thats not often.

So.  Keep or get rid of?

I'm in a very "get rid of" mood.  

OR.

I could use it to eat my meals.  I could EVEN invite people over.  Entertain.  What. A. Concept.

What if I became more purposeful along with making my surroundings purposeful?   

Thats my thought for the day.  I hope you are blown away by my depth and charm.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

review

 Today I'm learning that consistency doesn't have to be boring, attention doesn't have to be earned, and attraction doesn't ...