Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Be careful brushing your teeth

 Be careful brushing your teeth if you also keep your dogs toothpaste on the bathroom counter.

That is all I'm going to say.  In my defense, it was 4:30am and technically i was not fully coherent yet.

Thats how the day started, i sure hope it doesn't continue like that.

Today i get my picture retaken and i get my work badge changed to reflect where i really work.  It's fair, because it's in the system.  I feel like the red headed step child who gets kicked out only no one bothered to actually tell me and someone else took me without telling me either.

I'm still doing the same projects I was doing.  But for someone else. Apparently.

I'm also doing work for someone else and learning more........still not as busy as i'd like to be and resigned to just doing what i'm told to do.  I have only a short many years before i retire, and i need to lay low until that time.  If they can't use me appropriately, no one needs to know.  I sang it from the rooftops.....and got nothing from it that i can see, so.  My job is done.

Carry on.  

I can't complain when I work with leadership at the top of the food chain here.  I'm just gonna do what i'm told.  And smile.  Big.  I can do it.

Make no mistake, i like the people i work with, i have what is considered a cush job and i know it.  The issue i have is that for a couple of years i felt ownership of what i did, and still do.  Now i realize it's just a cog in the wheel and "they" will make changes without asking or even bother to tell me.  So i should be grateful not to answer to the SOM anymore.  I'm a full on Hospital now.  

And that's not a bad thing.

Right?

Who can complain about working remotely twice a week and being in the office 3 days?  Living 5 miles away from work? Living in an affluent town even if i'm not?  I have nothing to complain about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

Be careful brushing your teeth

 Be careful brushing your teeth if you also keep your dogs toothpaste on the bathroom counter. That is all I'm going to say.  In my defe...