Sunday, August 16, 2026

random

 This morning i decided today is a lazy day.  No big projects, no major cleaning, no leaving the house.  Just do whatever and not feel any "have to's"....no phone. It's currently 3:30pm and i've been up since 5am so i'm going to say i succeeded.  I have accomplished nothing of note to anyone but myself.

Score.

I watched "the ghost and Mrs. Muire" by accident.  Was flipping through channels and remembered really loving this movie when i saw it as a preteen.  It's a classic, black and white.....so many thing struck me that i'm sure didn't the first time i watched it.  I still love it, but for different reasons.  It's okay to love something differently when you know more.  

One thing that made me laugh was the scene on the beach, with the little beach huts they used to use.  Walking up into it, then down the other side into the water, holding a long rope.  I wish they still had that damn rope.  I'd go into the water a lot more and i'd have a fighting chance of getting out quickly.  The bathing suits women used to wear......with stocking and shoes.....that i don't mind skipping.

Also, the audacity of men and and how women were spoken to.  I can't imagine.  Funny thing is the men haven't changed much in my opinion.  It's women that have changed.  And not in a bad way.  Unless you are asking a man of course.

A couple of weeks ago i purchase a reading from a man i follow on TikTok.  $35 for a personalize 5 card spread and you ask your question.  He was sick and reached out to me to let me know he was behind and why, we went back and forth a few times and he has a great vibe.  Younger guy, swears a lot in his readings, very direct.....i'm a fan. I like his style.  Today i checked my personal email and he had sent the reading.  SO Entertaining!  

Basically said the same thing i've been thinking.......live my life, stop looking and trying, stop overthinking BUT don't lose an common sense i have.....the dating thing needs a rest.  Just live my life.  My full, and happy life.  Not giving up on love, just not agressively pursuing it.

That said, L came over last night.  We watched the John Wick movies and chatter boxed through them.  We get along, he's a nice kisser and fun to make out with.  I'm just not feeling "it".  Whatever "it" is.  I'm not looking to cut him off, we both were in agreement about timing and all that........Just letting it roll.  Maybe this is how it's done.

Craft area is all set up, i started Jens appointment book for next year.  I want to take my time and not rush.  I'm thinking about what to make for Cathy, and Sarah, Cindy and Amie.  These are my girls, and i want to give them gifts from my heart.  Made or thrifted and personalized to them.  Thats my mission.

I already have an idea of what i'm doing for my kids, Lindsay, Tim and his wife Jess.  I hope they love it, and that i get it right.  I think they will.  

And the grandbabies.  Toys duh.  And clothes, and a book.  I'm thinking about audiobook for my granddaughter because she loves being read TO, but not so much reading herself.  So i'd like her to enjoy the story, in whatever way she is going to get it.  

I've even thought about reading books out loud for both of them, but i can't wrap my mind around how to do that short of an old fashioned tape cassette and tape recorder.  Wouldn't THAT be very old timey of me? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

random

 This morning i decided today is a lazy day.  No big projects, no major cleaning, no leaving the house.  Just do whatever and not feel any ...