Even when asshole would make comments (about all women all the time) it wouldn't bother me aside from the audacity. I feel good about myself, how i look, where i'm headed and how i FEEL. Yesterday i did a yoga pose that is relatively easy and i used to do it all the time because it feel amazing. For years i couldn't do it because my knees wouldn't tolerate it and i had a hard time getting back up.
Not anymore. Yes, i creak, but i can DO IT again. And it feels sooooo good.
I went to see MM's band play Saturday night with Cindy and I didn't feel shy to be seen. AND i wore white shorts....me. on purpose. White shows all the sins of a womans body. I felt cute. Thats my first sign with getting there.......dressing is so much easier. Shoes, not so much. I have been wearing heals but very tentatively because i walk like a trucker in heels. Not really. I just fall and break bones.
But not this summer. I've been wearing platforms and sandals with a little heal and managing to NOT fall. It' the strength in my legs and ankles that i've been working on, and the wieght loss helps. And the confidence. It's all about thinking you can, and then you actually do.
In other words, patting self on back, i'm feeling awesome.
Do i have the body of a 20 year old? Hell no. That time is over. Let the youngsters live their glory days. I'm secure and don't need anyones attention but my man.....which i don't have, so even better. They have a way of lifting you up, or taking you down a few pegs and i don't need either.
Speaking of. Talking to two men is interesting. Both are aware i'm not into sleeping with them yet and i'm taking things very slow. One or both will lose interest and that will be fine. Better to know. OR one or both will actually like my company and getting to know me (more importantly me getting to know THEM).........and that will be glorious. Or not. There are a lot of men out there, and as i'm feeling better (i.e. slimmer) they are taking interest. Fuck em. I was the same wonderful woman i am now last year and the year before. I know thats not a popular opinion, law of attraction and all that, but lets be honest, they are aging also and that hasn't deterred me from dating them.
No more wounded men who haven't done the work to heal, or at least understand themselves. I'm not a replacement for mommy trauma. I have my own and manage not to torture them with it.
Little bit heated. hmmm. But L and MM have been treating me very well. Its early. Theres no competition, or camparision, i'm just living my life the way that feels right and good to me.


Comments
Post a Comment