Last night one of my gf's came over to hang out and talk. Koda lost his mind. He would not calm down. Jumping and licking and basically driving us mad. I ended up gating him in the kitchen and that lasted for a little while, then had to put him in his crate.
He would NOT settle. I've never seen him like this. This week with him has been a trial, like going back to the begining again, only this time he's 15 pounds of determination and will.
I did change his food to Blue, which is much better than what i was giving him. I fed him what he had been fed, so as not to upset his tummy during the transition. But this week i bought Blue for puppies and mixed it in with his old food.......he LOVES it. Gobbles it.
And i'm wondering if the food has anything to do with this most recent uptick in energy and freshness.
He woke me at 2:30am, with consistent crying and whining from his crate. This is unusual for him now because he usually holds it until 4:30am -5ish. So outside we went with very little flourish. No songs of Potty time, no dance of hurry lets get to the door. When we DID get to the door we both stopped and looked at each other.
WTF?
I carefully opened the door and the two of us stood there in the threshold listening to the sounds of....wolfs? Coyotes? Dogs? A LOT of them. In the distance but loud. A pack of canines, lets call it that. Howling, barking, yipping............at 2 in the morning.
So we looked at each other, shrugged and went down the front steps to take care of his business. Then ran back into the house and locked the door.
It was so loud we could hear it from inside when listening for it.
Strange. I think that's what must have made him wake up at such a strange hour for him.
What the hell was that?
No comments:
Post a Comment