Sunday, August 2, 2026

creative spurt and learning to date

 I purged all my "junk" again and managed to get my craft supplies organized.  I purchased a long thin table and put it next to my desk, where i work remotely 2 days a week.  I wanted a space to keep out my art supplies, and an area to work on things without having to clean it up or move it around so i could work.  Now i have my "work" area and my "art" area......My home is shaping up after doing one clean sweep and throwing a lot away that i haven't touched in years.

I have some cool plans on how to use my old childhood books.  Most i will give to the kids and they can decide what to do with them. (They asked me to NOT throw or give them away) Whatever they do will be fine.  BUT i kept 3 and i have big plans that i'm excited about.  Now that i have an area set up that i don't have to tear down constantly, i may actually complete these!!

So closets, dressers, corners and tops of things have all been blown through and cleaned out.  I'm feeling nice and calm but i'm still going to sage this place. AND i will be doing a banishing spell for THAT man later this afternoon.  I don't want to wait for another full moon and i just missed this one.  If i have to, i'll just do it again!!

No, i'm not "woowoo" but i do believe in the power of intention and anything that helps me solidify my cutting ties with Mr. Cigar, i am doing.  I must remind myself that man got himself arrested and then instead of being embarrassed over his OWN behavior he got pissed at everyone else, and even tried to insinuate it was partially MY fault!  GTFO loser.  That was the final straw.  

The man i went riding with, L.....we have a bit of a history.  Dated him briefly 2 years ago, found out he is a womanizer (through that bullshit facebook page "are we dating the same guy") and cut him off abruptly and without ceremony.  He's tall, handsome, doesn't seem to have a temper although i'm sensing a general "woah is me" vibe going on with him.  He has a lot of miles though and rides the cadillac of Harleys and is good company......i feel safe on the bike with him. I've changed over the past couple of years and so i'm assuming has he.  I don't hold punches, i'm direct and i say whats on my mind most of the time.  I have nothing to lose.  He seems to appreciate that and has been very direct with me in turn.

We had decided to keep it at a "friendship" place due to all the surrounding complications going on with both of us. I'm not looking to tie down with the next guy so soon after this rollercoaster ride with Mr. Cigar.  The next relationship i get into must be purposeful and with someone who is appropriate, as unromantic as that sounds.

Meanwhile, enter Music Man....who does not hide his interest in me.  Is very frank, and upfront.  Met first time Friday night and had a really nice date in Middletown. No jumping my bones, but also no tearing up like a baby when he kissed me and i giggled. (I did accidentally make one man get teary because i giggled when he kissed me...........that was a NO GO)  It was a good vibe.  I enjoyed his company.

Last night I picked up Cindy and we drove out to Stamford to watch his band play.  He made no secret about being happy i was there, and even walked over to me while playing and did some very obvious flirting.  It wasn't pissing on a tree, but it was "she's with me" which i appreciated.   I do seem to get my attention.....He smiles genuinely, goofs around and has a lot of people who tell me what an outstanding guy he is.  How?  Because he introduced me to people, like literally brought them over to me during thier breaks......

So, very nice, fun, well liked - no drugs, doesn't drink, loves animals, no baby mamas lurking in the background........(for L either now that i think of it) and he likes me too. 

Two totally different men.  Last night on the way home L texted me and asked how my date went friday night.  I said i had fun.  Then he said he was thinking a lot about me.   I told him "you must be horny" to be funny and he got pretty serious.  Yes, of course, thats an always, but no.....that wasn't the main thought. 

Music Man asked me out for today, last night.  

I'm not going to see either of them today.  I've had enough men this weekend.  I'm finding that scarcity is attractive, both ways.  I don't need to stop seeing either one, or tell them i'm seeing anyone else.  I need to actually DATE them and get to know them slowly over time.  NOT sleep with them.  

I'm a grown up.  I can do whatever i want.  And i can take my sweet time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

don't go by pictures

 Toms facebook picture is awful.  Truly awful.  And when i found him on facebook i couldn't care less what his picture looked like. It w...