Today i havre to work on a contract and it's probably my least favorite thing to do. However, the more i do, the more i know and the less expendable i become. Learning is good. I can do it, i'm just not overly comfortable doing things i don't absolutely know every detail of.......i hate looking stupid.
I guess some others aren't so concerned about that.
Met Sara out last night for a couple of hours. It's always nice to just sit and bullshit with her. We catch each other up and then we see each other again in a few weeks or months. We've been friends for over 20 years......she was a co-worker and we bonded. We've had a lot of adventures.
It seems that her ex, the father of her daughter, and my ex have been hanging out a lot lately - probably because they have daughters around the same age. He had actually sent me a picture of the girls together and it made me think how small the world is. Imagine if you never reached outside of your own little world and only associated with people you've known forever. Nothing wrong with it, but where is the growth?
I need both. My constants, and new people with new ideas. It inspires me. It also allows me to value my constants most times!
My bestie. Her negativity about literally everything is driving me away. I'm so tirrd of trying to make her see the positive side of every situation, including her 3 week vacation she just returned from. She was complaining about it before she left, during, and ful force when she returned. What i see, is how she looks at everything, negative. And her husband is miserable,. He's the MOST negative. Literally everything has something wrong with it.
I am tempted to say something, but then.......it's just who she is. So mostly i just listen now. Me trying to make her feel better about anything is a waste of my breath. So i just listen and get drained. I can't tell her much about my life because she develops very strong, NEGATIVE, opinions about it.
And there is a pill for everything. Sometimes i wonder if all her meds aren't the problem.
It must be hard trying to live in an imperfect world.
I flet like L was pulling back and I did nothing about it. I respond when he reaches out, in kind. I feed him what he feeds me. This morning he was telling me about his boat and how i can fish with him or just soak up the sun. He wants it in the water before the end of the season so he's been busy with it.
Maybe this is how relationships start. Slow. Easy. No stress or worrying about "what it is"....OR maybe neither one of us is on fire about the other. I don't know. I'm no good at this stuff. What i know is that he doesn't give me the ick, he hasn't alarmed me, or pissed me off.......so far so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment