Tuesday, September 2, 2025

Therapy

 My provider won't increase my meds for Anxiety and Depression. She wants me to go to therapy instead.  

My best friend has suggested more than once that i return to therapy.

So today i made an appointment for therapy.  It's online. I chose a man because his style was described as "Challenging, direct and solution oriented"  Amen to that!  Lets get this show on the road. 

I was a trained counselor.  I never actually counseled, outside of working at the youth shelter and that was unofficial.  They had a counselor already.  Also, it was a long time ago.

Some skills you use daily and don't even know it.  I can therapize myself like a wiz.  But do i actually listen to myself?  um, no.  Not a lot.  

It's like i can see the answers, but i'm impulsive and i ignore common sense in regard to relationships. I'm doing better with that. Case in point, i did NOT call Mr. Cigar to tell him to go blow, and I do NOT reach out to Mr. Tattoo because i realize he's not interested.

So Therapy.  wonderful. 

Hopefully he will be exactly as described.  I don't need any more hands to hold.  I need some real world solutions to this awful feeling of NOT feeling, or spiraling if i DO feel.  I want to not shut down, or the exact opposite, lose my shit and obsess.

I would like to not want to punch people.  That would be nice. 

I would like to be normal.

Am i crazy that every time i'm in the town that my ex lives in I text him a "wave"?  And he waves back?

Am I a narcissist because all think about is myself and wanting to be happy and satisfied?

Am i a bad mother?

Am i going to be homeless and have to sleep on the street?

Should i do drugs?

Am i unlovable?

Do i talk too much? too little? to the wrong people?

Why do i always feel so alone even when i'm with people who i know love me?

Why can't i turn my brain off?

He's going to earn his pay i can see that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

The latest

review

 Today I'm learning that consistency doesn't have to be boring, attention doesn't have to be earned, and attraction doesn't ...